Compatibility of Message Notes Plus with Conversations in TB
I appreciate you leaving a response to my review, and I'm sorry to have left a negative response, but it really is a disappointment, yours seems to be the only plugin of merit that does what it does, and to not be able to use it because I use conversations was a setback.
That said, I was unaware that it required a different type of plugin architecture since conversations is still considered a plugin itself, so I apologize for my assumptions, I'll update my review accordingly.
With regard to reasons for porting this to the conversations plugin, here's what I think...
- I think the popularity of Conversations says a lot about the direction of email presentation,
- Both Conversations, and Message Notes are essentially Productivity Tools, which makes them great partners, I think you'd get a lot of uptake from the community if they were compatible,
- Being productivity tools, I think business users are much more likely to donate than consumers are for plugins they find useful, I know I do, and I expect the same is true of the community at large.
Thanks for taking the time to listen, I hope it works out.
Re: Compatibility of Message Notes Plus with Conversations in TB
Thanks for the response. I would consider adapting to Conversations worth of trying if I had 30% of reviews requesting it (I mean all the sources of reviews). In fact this percent is about 10%. Yes, I know that demand of business is more important. Moreover I have business (Multi-User) version of the add-on.
Anyway I do not develop the add-on actively for several reasons. The main of them:
1. This summer Mozilla stopped active Thunderbird development.
2. Outlook provides such features from the box.
3. I do not know how to advertise it. The growth of users amount depends entirely on the fact if Mozilla placed the add-on on featured/new list or not. When it was placed there the user base was growing rapidly. Currently it's stagnated and even slightly decreasing.